Top 41 Barack Obama quotes ...picked by me.

These are my favorite quotes by Barack Obama in no particular order.







1. Focusing your life solely on making a buck shows a certain poverty of ambition. It asks too little of yourself. Because it's only when you hitch your wagon to something larger than yourself that you realize your true potential.

2. I don't oppose all wars. What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war.

3. Money is not the only answer, but it makes a difference.

4. There is not a liberal America and a conservative America - there is the United States of America. There is not a black America and a white America and latino America and asian America - there's the United States of America.

5. Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.

6. Americans ... still believe in an America where anything's possible -- they just don't think their leaders do.

7. Faith doesn't mean that you don't have doubts

8. Making your mark on the world is hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. But it's not. It takes patience, it takes commitment, and it comes with plenty of failure along the way. The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won't. it's whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.

9. If we aren't willing to pay a price for our values, then we should ask ourselves whether we truly believe in them at all.

10. It took a lot of blood, sweat and tears to get to where we are today, but we have just begun. Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today.

11. “Let me say at the outset that I vehemently disagree and strongly condemn the statements that have been the subject of this controversy,” he said in the statement. “I categorically denounce any statement that disparages our great country or serves to divide us from our allies. I also believe that words that degrade individuals have no place in our public dialogue, whether it’s on the campaign stump or in the pulpit. In sum, I reject outright the statements by Rev. Wright that are at issue.” {on denouncing his preachers statements days before his big speech 3/14/08}

12. “a typical white person, who, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn’t know, well there’s a reaction that’s in our experiences that won’t go away and can sometimes come out in the wrong way.” {obama said on a Philly sports radio station about his grandmother 3/23/08}

13. "If I worded things in a way that made people offended, I deeply regret that," {in an interview with the Winston-Salem (N.C.) Journal.}

14. "It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." {Barack told a group at a town hall in san francisco}

15. "political flare-up because I said something that everybody knows is true, which is that there are a whole bunch of folks in small towns in Pennsylvania, in towns right here in Indiana, in my hometown in Illinois, who are bitter," {Barack told a group at a town hall at Ball State University after his comments hit the national media}

16. "They are angry. They feel like they have been left behind. They feel like nobody is paying attention to what they're going through. {see above}

17. "So I said, well you know, when you're bitter you turn to what you can count on. So people, they vote about guns, or they take comfort from their faith and their family and their community. And they get mad about illegal immigrants who are coming over to this country."{see #15}

18. "The truth is that these traditions that are passed on from generation to generation, those are important. That's what sustains us. But what is absolutely true is that people don't feel like they are being listened to." {see #15}

19. any quotes you would like to see added...leave it in the comments section

20. "This is something that I have not, I think, come to a firm resolution on. I think it's very hard to know what that means, when life begins. Is it when a cell separates? Is it when the soul stirs? So I don't presume to know the answer to that question." {On abortion and life at conception}

21. "You know, if I'm acting in an ethical way, if I am working to make sure that I am applying what I consider to be a core value of Christianity, but also a core value of all great religions, and that is that I am my brother's keeper and I am my sister's keeper, then I will be doing my part to move his agenda forward." { On his personal faith}

22. "We are going to put in place a cap-and-trade system that controls the amount of greenhouse gases that are going into the atmosphere. ... We've got to be less wasteful, both as a society and in our own individual lives." {On the environment}

23. "We've got to shore up the mortgage market to make sure that we don't have millions of people who are losing their homes. We're going to have to, I think, change our tax code." {On poverty}

24. "It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." {San Francisco Private fund-raising event 4/6/08}
Barack Obama in Wayne, Pa waves to voters on his train ride through town
25. "I may not be perfect but I will always tell you what I think, and I will always tell you where I stand,"{Barack told Wynnewood, Pa voters}

26. "She's taken different positions at different times on issues as fundamental as trade, or even the war, to suit the politics of the moment. And when she gets caught at it, the notion is, well, you know what, that's just politics. That's how it works in Washington. You can say one thing here and say another thing there."

27. "Senator Clinton's essential argument in this campaign is you can't change how the game is played in Washington. Her basic argument is that the slash-and-burn, say-anything, do-anything special interest-driven politics is how it works.... Senator Clinton has internalized a lot of the strategies, the tactics, that have made Washington such a miserable place."

28. "She's got the kitchen sink flying and the china flying, the buffet is coming at me ... constant distractions, these petty, trivial, slash and burn, back and forth, tit for tat, politics." {barack told voters in Downington, Pa} ..but really isn't this what he is doing?

29. "What's she not telling you about her health care plan?" the ad asks. "It forces everyone to buy insurance even if you can't afford it, and you pay a penalty if you don't." {on an ad that clinton is running in Pa...see her response to this quote}-->"Instead of attacking the problem, he chooses to attack my solution," {per hillary clinton}

30. "You've always got to measure if somebody throws an elbow at you, and after three or four times of gettin' elbows in the ribs, you know, at what point do you sort of say, 'OK, you know, we, we, we've gotta put a stop to that'?"{he told ABC News' Robin Roberts on "Good Morning America" his attacks are necessary, being careful not to change his repeated promise of a "new kind of politics." }

31. "To all the forces of division and distraction that has stopped us from making progress for the American people, I've got one question: Do you smell what Barack is cooking?" {Barack said on Monday night's WWE Raw, Hillary also had a message too}

32. "This is not a decision I come to lightly ... and it is one I make with some sadness," {after barack resigned from his church, trinity united church in chicago where he has been a member for over 30 years.}

33. "I'm not denouncing the church and I'm not interested in people who want me to denounce the church," he said, adding that the new pastor at Trinity and "the church have been suffering from the attention my campaign has focused on them."

34. "I suspect we'll find another church home for our family," Obama said.

35. "It's clear that now that I'm a candidate for president, every time something is said in the church by anyone associated with Trinity, including guest pastors, the remarks will imputed to me even if they totally conflict with my long-held views, statements and principles,"

36. "I have no idea how it will impact my presidential campaign but I know it was the right thing to do for me and my family,"

37. "This was a pretty personal decision and I was not trying to make political theater out of it,"

38. "deeply disappointed in Father Pfleger's divisive, backward-looking rhetoric, which doesn't reflect the country I see or the desire of people across America to come together in common cause."

39. "This was one I didn't see coming," Obama said Saturday when he asked if he had anticipated the firestorm that would erupt over his relationship with Wright. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080601/ap_on_el_pr/obama

40. "These are the same guys who helped to engineer the distraction of the war in Iraq at a time when we could have pinned down the people who actually committed 9/11," the presumed nominee told reporters aboard his campaign plane. "This is the same kind of fear-mongering that got us into Iraq ... and it's exactly that failed foreign policy I want to reverse."

41. "And, you know, let's take the example of Guantanamo," Obama said. "What we know is that, in previous terrorist attacks — for example, the first attack against the World Trade Center — we were able to arrest those responsible, put them on trial. They are currently in U.S. prisons, incapacitated.



You have just read my favorite quotes from Barack Obama...thanks for reading, what do you think about Barack Obama?











Subscribe to Quote of the Day via Email

Most Popular Posts this Week...
Brett Favre quotes and facts
Barack Obama's Preachers Quotes Rev. Jeremiah Wright
Governor Eliot Spitzer quotes and facts
Governor David A. Paterson quotes and facts
Happiness
Barack Obama quotes and facts





No comments:

Get a random Famous Quote delivered to your email daily.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Amazon and Save Big and get Free Shipping on most items

Get the New iPad 2