Famous Movie Quotes: The Green Mile

Here are a list of my favorite quotes from one of my all-time favorite movies "The Green Mile" that starred Tom Hanks as Paul Edgecomb and Michael Clarke Duncan as John Coffey... if you haven't seen it or read the book then I highly suggest that you do...it was a great watch.

Paul Edgecomb said...


  • When I die and I stand before God awaiting judgment and he asks me why I let one of HIS miracles die, what am I gonna say, that it was my job?

  • They usually call death row the Last Mile, but we called ours the Green Mile, because the floor was the color of faded limes. We had the electric chair then. Old Sparky, we called it. I've lived a lot of years, Ellie, but 1935 takes the prize. That was the year I had the worst urinary infection of my life. That was also the year of John Coffey and the two dead girls.

  • I just can't see God putting a gift like that in the hands of a man who would kill a child.

  • We'll be doing this for real tomorrow night and I don't want nobody to remember some stupid joke like that and get it going again. You ever try to not to laugh in church when something funny gets stuck in your head? Same goddamn thing.

  • Seeing a man die isn't enough for you, you gotta be close enough to smell his nuts cook?

John Coffey said...

  • Yes sir boss. Like the drink, only not spelled the same.

  • I helped Del's mouse become a circus mouse, and go to that place Boss Howell was talking about down in...

  • Do you leave a light on after bedtime? Because I get a little scared in the dark sometimes. If it's a strange place.

  • Don't know. To tell the truth, Boss, I don't know much'o anything.

  • You tell God the Father it was a kindness you done. I know you hurtin' and worryin', I can feel it on you, but you oughta quit on it now. Because I want it over and done. I do. I'm tired, boss. Tired of bein' on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. Tired of not ever having me a buddy to be with, or tell me where we's coming from or going to, or why. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world everyday. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head all the time. Can you understand?

  • I dreamed he got down to that place Boss Howell talked about, that Mouseville place. I dreamed there was kids, and how they laughed at his tricks! My! I dreamed those two little blonde-headed girls were there. They 'us laughing, too. I put my arms around 'em and sat 'em on my knees, and there 'us no blood comin' outta their hair and they 'us fine. We all watch Mr. Jingles roll that spool, and how we did laugh. Fit to bust, we was.

  • People hurt the ones they love. That's how it is all around the world.

  • [singing as he's being strapped to the electric chair] Heaven, I'm in heaven... heaven... heaven...

Get The Green Mile on DVD or Read the Book

Subscribe to Quote of the Day via Email

keywords...
Green Mile famous lines
famous movie quites
the green mile inspirational quotes
People hurt the ones they love. That's how it is all around the world. +Movie Quote
The Green Mile novel quotes

No comments:

Get a random Famous Quote delivered to your email daily.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Amazon and Save Big and get Free Shipping on most items

Get the New iPad 2