Quotes made famous by Michelle Obama

Some friends and I was talking about about Michelle Obama and some of the things she has said...and I wanted to put a list together of quotes, the possible First Lady has said. ...if Barack is elected President of the United States.

Michelle Obama said...

  1. Barack is one of the smartest people you will ever encounter who will deign to enter this messy thing called politics.
  2. To me it is now or never. (on Barack running for President)
  3. What I notice about men, all men, is that their order is me, my family, God is in there somewhere, but me is first,” she told the Chicago Tribune in 2004. “And for women, me is fourth, and that’s not healthy.
  4. Barack will not be a perfect president, but he will always tell you the truth,” Mrs. Obama assures her audience in Londonderry. “You will always know where he stands.
  5. I am tired of being afraid . . . I don't want my girls to live in a country that is based on fear. (speaking in Iowa)
  6. if you can't run your own house, you can't run the White House.

  7. “I’d have to think about that,” Mrs. Obama said on “Good Morning America” on ABC. “I’d have to think about — policies, her approach, her tone.” {when asked about picking Sen. Clinton as a running mate}

  8. “I am trying to be as authentically me as I can be,” Mrs. Obama said in an interview. “My statements are coming from my experiences and my observations and my frustrations.”

  9. “What I’ve learned is that my humor doesn’t translate to print all the time,” she said in the interview. “But usually when I’m speaking to a group, people understand what I’m trying to say, they get the humor, they understand the sarcasm, they get the joke.”

  10. “What we have to understand in this race is that this is true regardless of the color of your skin, regardless of your gender,” she said to the mostly black audience. “This is the truth of living in America.”

  11. “My parents told us time and time again, ‘Don’t tell us what you can’t do,’ ” she said. “ ‘And don’t worry about what can go wrong.’ ”

  12. “I realized that gnawing sense of self doubt that lies within all of us is within our own heads,” she said in Atlanta. “The truth is we are more ready and more prepared than we even know. My own life is proof of that.”

  13. "my experiences at Princeton have made me far more aware of my 'blackness' than ever before. I have found that at Princeton no matter how liberal and open-minded some of my White professors and classmates try to be towards me, I sometimes feel like a visitor on campus; as if I really don't belong. Regardless of the circumstances under which I interact with Whites at Princeton, it often seems as if, to them, I will always be Black first and a student second." She further suggests that even if she assimilates into white society after Princeton, she will "remain on the periphery of society: never becoming a full participant."

  14. "the injustices and oppressions suffered by this race of people which are not comparable to the experiences of any other race of people through this country's history,"

  15. clearly disappointed—to find that as these alums entered the wider world, in which they overwhelmingly reported great upward social mobility, they ceased to identify primarily with the black community.



These are just a few quotes by Michelle Obama, as the Presidential Election is heating up...with Michelle in the First Ladies Seat, she is bound to keep Barack in line and focused.

keywords...
michelle obama quotes on gender

No comments:

Get a random Famous Quote delivered to your email daily.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Amazon and Save Big and get Free Shipping on most items

Get the New iPad 2